The School of Education at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) announces adjunct university supervisor faculty positions in Urban Teacher Education beginning in fall 2012. Programs in the Division of Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies (TE&CS) provide a full range of NCATE and State of Missouri accredited programs leading to certification in Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, Secondary, and Special Education. The professionals selected for this position will join a collaborative and dedicated faculty who emphasize excellence in education at all levels in the context of the School of Education's commitment to urban schools and healthy urban communities. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE INTENT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS TO IDENTIFY A POOL OF ADJUNCT FACULTY IN THE DIVISION OF TEACHER EDUCATION AND CURRICULUM STUDIES.
· Supervise and observe all assigned teacher candidates in their field and/or clinical experience(s)
· Assess candidate teaching performance during field and/or clinical experience(s)
· Complete written observation forms to document candidate performance
· Document plan of action/interventions used to assist candidate in developing knowledge, skills and dispositions
· May include teaching a linking seminar course that reinforces knowledge, skills and dispositions from field and clinical experiences
· Provide constructive support, suggestions and recommendations to assist the candidate's growth and development
· Demonstrate and reflect knowledge of effective instructional practices for diverse classrooms
· Maintain individual candidate documentation
· Promote and sustain positive relationships with the Cooperating Mentor Teacher(s), teacher candidates, principal and university faculty.
· Respond to email, phone calls, questions and other inquiries in a timely manner
· Participate in Capstone Seminars as requested
· Travel significantly in the metro Kansas City region
· Communicates clearly in a timely manner issues and/or concerns regarding candidate performance to faculty and the Coordinator of Field Experiences
An official copy of transcripts(s), showing degree(s) with courses completed, and conferring instituition will be required before an official offer is made to the candidate.
The University requires that we maintain an official copy of your higher education transcripts. An official copy of that transcript must be sent to the Office of the Dean, Business Office, attention: Kathryn Benson, School of Education, 615 52nd Street, Suite 347, Kansas City, Missouri 64110. Your appointment is contingent upon verification of your degree.
You must combine all application materials (a letter expressing interest in and perspectives on the position, curriculum vita, a writing sample and other supporting materials, as well as contact information of four references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as your resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Size limit 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
References will not be contacted until advanced stages of screening, and candidates will receive prior notification.
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
For further information about this position, please contact the Co-Chair of the search committee Dr. Rita Barger at 816.235.5655 or via email at Bargerr@umkc.edu
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Affirmative Action at 816-235-1323.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Division of Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies in the School of Education