Glassboro, New Jersey
Fort Worth, Texas
Los Angeles, California
USA - MA - Cambridge
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Syracuse, New York
Keene, New Hampshire
Poughkeepsie, New York
Boone, North Carolina
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
East Lansing, Michigan
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Internal Number: 494571
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. It was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country and is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) now the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The College of Education and the Department of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics, and Movement Education (STEAM) is searching for qualified and experienced adjuncts in the area of Music Education and related areas. All positions require availability during the regular school day.
The appointment consists of, but is not limited to teaching a broad range of courses that include online, face-to-face or hybrid courses and supervision of teacher candidates. The successful candidate will demonstrate a constructivist based theoretical framework centered on a philosophy that is a grounded in social justice.
· Master’s degree or higher in Music Education and/or related area from an accredited institution of higher education in a field at the time of appointment.
· A minimum of 3 years of successful music teaching in P-12 settings.
· Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
· Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people.
· Demonstrated commitment to working with P-12 schools.
· A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education.
· Experience with the Danielson Framework.
· Experience with performance assessment measures, including edTPA.
· Experience teaching in elementary or secondary music settings.
· Experience teaching content in areas such as: band, choir, orchestra, general music, instrumental lessons, voice lessons, music theatre, and/or music technology.
Starting Date: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Adrian Barnes or Rachel Brashier at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system:
All applications should include:
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.