Location: Athens, Ohio
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education prepares graduates who are CALLED to LEAD: Change Agents who are Lifelong Learners committed to Embracing Diversity and LEADership. Our leader-educators, practitioners, and human service professionals share our commitment to serving society responsibly as change agents in meeting diverse human and social needs.
The number of Teacher Education courses offered each semester is dependent on student demand. The need may include both graduate and undergraduate courses in Special Education. The successful applicant will bring strong qualifications both academically and professionally.
Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses on campus and/or
Contribute to the instructional mission of the Teacher Education
Department and Patton College of Education.
Using blackboard for academic engagement
1. Master's degree in the field or comparable
2. Current or prior teaching license
3. Experience teaching students for that field
4. Experience using technology for teaching
- Relevant and recent Pre K-12 classroom based experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and research-supported best practices for teaching and learning
- Licensure in content area
- Experience facilitating professional development
- Evidence of professional training or attendance and/or presentations at conferences
- Ability to deliver online instruction
Planning Unit: Patton College of Education
Department: Teacher Education
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position: Jennifer Martin, email@example.com
Employment Type: Temporary (for group 3 ONLY)
TBD on number of courses taught and enrollment.
Connections working at Ohio University
About Ohio University
Ohio University is home to one of the nation’s friendliest and most picturesque campuses. But more importantly, it’s where you can become part of a two-century tradition of excellence and embark upon a rewarding career that will make a real difference. From teaching and research to admissions, facilities maintenance, and residence life, our faculty and staff propel Ohio University’s mission of helping students become their best selves. OHIO offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. For a complete list of employment opportunities, please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action institution. For more information about Ohio University’s policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, visit www.ohio.edu/equity.