Location: Frederick, Maryland
At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
The Child Care Teacher, Substitute is responsible for performing all essential duties and responsibilities in the operation of a classroom of children ages birth to twelve (12). The Child Care Teacher, Substitute must be able to work effectively with a wide range of constituents in a diverse community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Implement developmentally appropriate curriculum/weekly lesson plans and daily activities that meet emotional, physical, intellectual, and social needs of the individual children in the group.
2. Maintain a clean, warm, and safe environment (indoors and outdoors) that is orderly and contains a predicable routine.
3. Develop and nurture partnerships with families.
4. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with parent, co-workers, Assistant Director, and Director.
5. Ensure that each child and parent is treated with dignity and respect.
6. Use and ensure the use of appropriate and positive guidance techniques to help children develop internal control of their behaviors based on theory and best practices.
7. Conduct self in professional manner at all times respecting the confidentiality of all children and their families (whether at work or on personal time) and reflecting a positive image of the Center to the Community.
8. Maintain compliance with all Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Child Care regulations (COMAR 13A.14.02).
9. Help direct the evacuation of the building in an emergency and be able to respond immediately to any emergency.
10. Administer and document first aid and CPR as appropriate.
11. Comply with applicable Universal Precautions and Infection Control Guidelines and Procedures.
12. Use basic computer skills to manage classroom attendance and communicate with parents.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $13.91 - $15.30 per hour
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Connections working at Frederick Community College
About Frederick Community College
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.