Location: Grapevine, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
This position involves teaching GT-specific sections of Advanced Placement World History within ASPIRE Academy, an established school-within-a-school for highly gifted students housed at Grapevine High School, as well as some additional sections of AP World History at Grapevine High School. The teacher will be responsible for providing advanced students with appropriate learning activities and experiences to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Advanced degree preferred
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for the subject and level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- GT 30 hours plus annual 6-hour update required
- Gifted and Talented Supplemental or certification preferred
- Experience teaching AP World History, preferred
Connections working at ASPIRE Academy, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD
About ASPIRE Academy, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD
Founded in 2013, ASPIRE Academy is designed to meet the academic and affective needs of highly gifted students within Grapevine-Colleyville ISD. These students typically score in the 99th percentile in multiple domains on nationally normed aptitude tests and also demonstrate remarkable ability in qualitative and/or quantitative achievement domains. Currently serving over 500 students in grades 1-12, ASPIRE utilizes a school-within-a-school framework. Housed on three separate GCISD campuses, ASPIRE students learn core academic subjects from specially trained teachers alongside their intellectual peers. Artistic and athletic passions are developed in a range of classes offered on host campuses and attended by same-age peers.