Location: Grapevine, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
This position involves teaching high school English classes partially within ASPIRE Academy, an established school-within-a-school for highly gifted students housed at Grapevine High School, and partially within Grapevine High School. The position currently includes sections of AP English Language (including PSAT prep) and AP Seminar. The teacher will be responsible for providing these advanced students with appropriate learning activities and experiences to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Advanced degree preferred
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area(s) assigned
- Gifted and Talented Supplemental or certification preferred
- GT 30 hours plus annual 6-hour update required
- Experience teaching AP Language & Composition preferred
- ESL certification
Connections working at ASPIRE Academy, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD
About ASPIRE Academy, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD
Founded in 2013, ASPIRE Academy is designed to meet the academic and affective needs of highly gifted students within Grapevine-Colleyville ISD. These students typically score in the 99th percentile in multiple domains on nationally normed aptitude tests and also demonstrate remarkable ability in qualitative and/or quantitative achievement domains. Currently serving over 500 students in grades 1-12, ASPIRE utilizes a school-within-a-school framework. Housed on three separate GCISD campuses, ASPIRE students learn core academic subjects from specially trained teachers alongside their intellectual peers. Artistic and athletic passions are developed in a range of classes offered on host campuses and attended by same-age peers.