Location: Washington, D.C.
Floater Assistant Teacher, Hoya Kids Learning Center - Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsFloater Assistant Teacher, Hoya Kids Learning Center - Georgetown University Hoya Kids Learning Center (HKLC)
was established to meet the needs of the children of University faculty, staff, and students, and to help Georgetown University parents better balance work and family responsibilities. The Learning Center is a key component of the University's commitment to weave family needs into the fabric of the University community and its educational mission.
The Floater Assistant Teacher
implements program activities under the direct supervision of Lead Teacher(s) or Classroom Assistant Teacher(s) and assists in providing developmentally appropriate care and early education to children of Staff, Faculty, and Students of the University.
Reporting to the Director of Hoya Kids, with day-to-day guidance and direction from the Assistant Director and/or classroom teacher(s), the Floater Assistant Teacher
has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain a safe, healthy, nurturing, and stimulating environment for children
- Support the Center staffing requirements (staff to child ratios) by covering the duties of an Assistant Teacher when a core teaching staff member (teaching staff assigned full time to a particular classroom) is absent from the classroom
- Conduct programs and activities that implement the emergent curriculum of the classroom.
- Develop and maintain mutually supportive relationships with individual parents that enable both parents and teaching staff to meet each child's individual needs.
- High school diploma and a Child Development Credential (by December 2023)
- Experience working with young children
- First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of employment
- Computer experience that includes email and basic word processing
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to children, families and colleagues
- Ability to show eagerness, flexibility and open mindedness
- College coursework in early childhood education, child development or a related field
- 1 year of experience in a high quality Early Childhood Program
- First Aid and CPR certification prior to employment
The District of Columbia's Office of the State Superintendent of Education requires COVID-19 vaccination for employment in this position, reference Mayor's Order 2021-109 - COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Adults Regularly in Schools or Child Care Facilities and for Student-Athletes
.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website
.To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Floater-Assistant-Teacher--Hoya-Kids-Learning-Center---Georgetown-University_JR11794-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Connections working at Georgetown University
About Georgetown University
Established in 1789, Georgetown is the nation's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Georgetown is one of the world's leading academic and research institutions, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world.
More Jobs from This Employer