Location: Oakland, California
Teacher AssistantAbout the OpportunityTeacher Assistant - SummerReports To:
Head of School, MCNU Children's SchoolDescription__________________________________________________________________
We are looking for a committed Teacher Assistant to join our summer program to complement our qualified team of educators. The Teacher Assistant in the Summer Program is expected to contribute to a working environment that is friendly, respectful, collegial, and collaborative. The Summer Teacher Assistant supports the development and implementation of curriculum, creating and maintaining effective indoor and outdoor environments for student learning, linked to the Early Childhood foundations and California State Standards. The Summer Teacher Assistant must have knowledge of and commitment to a constructivist, play-based model of education. The Summer staff work together to share ideas, plan instruction and design learning experiences that foster the engagement of all students. Within the group, each member is responsible for providing quality care for all children. The ideal candidate will demonstrate passion for the job and an ability to foster relationships that engender respect and mutual trust.Work Schedule
This position covers summer sessions II-IX, June 1 - July 28. 8:00-4:00Representative Duties
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Create gender, racial, and developmentally appropriate curricular activities
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into curricular plans
- Implement a range of strategies to address a wide range of social, emotional, cognitive, and behavioral needs
- Support communication with parents/guardians
- Work effectively and collaboratively with professional colleagues, parents, students, and children within a diverse and multicultural environment
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Two or more years of recent successful classroom teaching experience
- 12 Units of qualifying Early Childhood Education coursework
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Position is contingent upon fingerprint/background check clearance
- Must have tuberculosis clearance.
- Able to walk, bend, stand, squat or sit on the floor (with children) throughout an 7.5 hour day
- Able to walk up and down steps several times each day
- Able to physically respond quickly in an emergency.
- Actively engage with children each day; including planning daily outdoor time in all ranges of temperatures, subject to safety guidelines
Salary, hour range of $24.00- $28.00
The foregoing description of duties and responsibilities is not a complete description of the responsibilities and duties that are assigned to a Lead Teacher and should not be interpreted as such.
All positions are subject to a background check. Prior to the first date of employment, an applicant's background check must be cleared. Position Type
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/
for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity
.To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Oakland-CA/Teacher-Assistant_R114900
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Connections working at Northeastern University
About Northeastern University
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.